Saturday, September 11, 2010

20. R-E-S-P-E-C-T

This might just be me but when a word is the main theme of a song do you find yourself singing the song while your spelling the word? Literally as I was typing the title to this post I was singing in Aretha's voice while suppressing the urge to breakout in a full Glee song and dance routine. It is a reflex, still to this day i rap "I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T do you know what that means" even though that song annoys me I can not help myself. I foresee the future national spelling bees to include the option to sing/rap a response. Actually I think that would probably help in the ratings. I can see little kids stepping up to the microphone and after the judge gives them the word they ask them to drop a beat for them. Now that would be a good show. But respecting other people is an important lesson everyone needs to learn. It's not hard, you do not have to like me but you should respect the fact that I have a right to be who I am as long as it doesn't harm anyone.


20. R-E-S-P-E-C-T
It is inevitable that you will come across people you really can't stand. There are way too many personalities in this world for every single person to like each other. It is okay to not like somebody but you should respect them. Just because a person does not have the same views as you do doesn't mean you can put them down or taunt them. I know it is hard because I have had a few instances where the people were just so rude I had to be rude back. There are those people out  there that seriously so irritating that you can't even stand being in the room with them. Leave the room if you feel yourself not being able to suppress the urge to say something unproductive. Most confrontations that I have witnessed between strangers were caused by some dumb misunderstanding that could've been prevented. Respect me and I will respect you then the world will rotate evenly. Do not be a sucky person who doesn't have respect for other people. Even the smelly guy asking you for a dollar deserves some respect.

Even though I know everyone is already aware that tomorrow at 1:00 pm the Indianapolis Colts are playing in their first regular season game I wanted to put in a little reminder. So excited to see them play and also because tomorrow can't suck even though I'm watching the game all by my lonesome. Football games make me a happy girl. Everyone better have a good funday sunday I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment