Sunday, September 5, 2010

13. Eat Dirt.,.,.,.,.,

My name is Amanda and I'm NOT an alcoholic. Don't worry this is not a cry for help and I do not need any 12 step programs to kick alcohol but I could probably use some to kick my other bad habits. This weekend is a holiday weekend and all I want to do is chill somewhere with cool people drinking lots of alcoholic beverages. I'm making these statements because I have been called an alcoholic before and for some reason today I was reminded of it. The definition of an alcoholic is when somebody is drinking alcoholic beverages at a level that interferes with physical health, mental health, and social, family, or job responsibilities. Have I had a job since I was 16 yep, do I have regular responsibilities yep, and do I do my school work.....well no but I can't blame that one on alcohol sadly. I don't do my homework because I am easily distracted. Now that we have clarified that, til the day comes that I have a drink first thing in the morning I think i'm good. Honestly drinking everyday would be a chore to me at this point but every few days is a must. I just wanted to clarify i'd be closer to a binge drinker not an alcoholic for future reference.

13. Eat Dirt
Your probably asking yourself what my binge drinking has to do with eating dirt. Nothing. Honestly the two topics are not really related in any way. If you want to know anything about me I am a little random so sometimes you will see I write whatever comes to mind. I love anybody that is willing to put themselves out there and make a fool of themselves. You have to be able to make mistakes to make it in anything or anywhere in life. Sucky people are the ones who will try to put up this front, like they've never fell down in front of a crowd or had food on their face. To have the right to laugh at anybody else you have to be able to laugh at yourself. So if the day comes when you fall face first in a pile of dirt (this is metaphorically, but if you really end up with dirt in your mouth that works too) laugh don't pretend it didn't happen.

In case you were wondering the definition of binge drinking is  the consumption of five or more drinks in a row by men — or four or more drinks in a row by women — at least once in the previous 2 weeks. So all my friends out there that are going to spend the day binge drinking and enjoying people have fun. But please binge drink responsibly. To all my sober friends have fun too. Happy Holiday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment