Friday, September 10, 2010

19. The Grass Could be Greener....or it Could be Covered in Dog Poop

Expressions or sayings can really sum up everything into one sentence.  They are really good are delivering a message that goes straight to the  point without getting confusing. A good quote can  make sense of  the biggest, ugliest, daunting mess. Twitter is so addicting because not only are you hearing directly from a person but they are forced to deliver their messages staying strictly on point. People don't want to read a novel  all the time sometimes they just want the news without all the filler. When you are limited on space you are pressured into  being  sincere because you less room for error. Confucius knew how to pack a punch into a sentence  which is why we are still quoting him today. A few of Confucius's sayings were, "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves", "Respect yourself, and others will respect you", and "What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others". I love a good quote. Getting back to my topic I decided I would base today's post on a common expression. It goes something like the grass is not always greener on the other side or it is greener.......dang it I can't remember exactly how it goes.

19. The Grass Could be Greener....or it Could be Covered in Dog Poop
Your born. You spend years in school that is mandatory. You then choose what to spend the rest of your life doing. No matter what you decide to do after high school you always want to do better then what you have. I get that, everyone has a natural urge to better themselves. Now where this urge becomes a bit self-indulgent is where you turn into a sucky person. I do not like people that sit around waiting for the next thing to come along that is better then what they have. Then they throw away what they had and just move on without even a thought. We do this with material things such as cellphones and toys which I understand once something you once loved becomes obsolete you get the new version. I get that, what I don't get is doing this with people. Relationships ending should never be based on finding someone new so you get rid of the old. People that do that suck because obviously you were not happy in your current relationship so you should have ended it when you realized that. Don't lead somebody on just because you enjoy the comfort of having a spare around just in case you need it. We do this with friendships too, we let our old friends be replaced by new ones or new boyfriends/girlfriends. Not saying stick in a bad relationship I'm saying realize the difference between abandonment  and a mutually beneficial separation. So yes the grass could be greener on the other side so go ahead try it out if you want but just so you know dog poop smells and sucks to get off of your shoe.

I should be asleep by now because I have to be at my roommates' parent's house by 9 a.m. You know once you live with somebody and they know your schedule it becomes hard to get out doing things you don't really want to do. For example, tomorrow I have to go to an Indian party because when she said that I had to go she also made sure to point out she knew I had nothing else to do. The I have homework excuse only bought me a reason not to stay for the entire party. Don't get me wrong I am sure the ceremony that Indian's do to bless a new house is going to be wild, I just would rather do homework or watch a movie or swim or really do anything else that does not involve me getting up at 8 a.m. Besides no good party starts at 10 a.m. thats when the good ones should be ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment