Friday, August 20, 2010

3. Do not assume anything

Assuming sucks. Its sucks and most people do it on a daily basis,then get angry when what they assumed was going to happen doesn't happen. This is one of the reasons I suck at the moment because silly me assumed when you transfer with a company you shouldn't have to fill out a new application then take another drug test and then sit through 12 hours of new hire training. As I sat this this training which I am required to do all over again the only thing I could concentrate on was how much money and time is being wasted during the four hours of my life I will never get back.

I assumed companies welcome transfers because then they will not have to train them which saves them money. I assumed wrong. I then assumed that people actually know what they are talking about when it is their job to know what they are talking about. I assumed wrong. I assumed then when somebody says they are retiring it means they will never do something professionally again. Again Jay-z and Brett Favre proved I assumed wrong.

3. Do not assume anything
Anybody that has ever worked retail has had to deal with a customer that assumed something and after you let them know their request  is not reasonable somehow you are the idiot. I have worked retail pharmacy for almost five years and before that I worked in other areas that required customer service. So if you have been that person that has called management on a worker before because you didn't exactly what you wanted then you suck. In case nobody else has told you that I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but realize when you assume something and it doesn't go your way you have no reason to be angry with anybody but yourself. Just a little bit of advice on how not to suck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment