Monday, August 1, 2011

50.Read between the lines

Time to bust out a little nursery rhyme(one of my faves actually).

Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall;
All the King's horses and all the King's men,
Couldn't put Humpty together again

Now lets have a little talk about Humpty, any smart egg would not go sit on a wall for fun. It is just not a smart thing to do considering the fragile state that eggs are in. There has to be more to the story; like why would anybody let alone a breakable someone go sit on a high wall? Why would an egg try to sit anywhere when even with legs they can barely balance? Why would you name an egg Humpty? This rhyme leaves a lot of open ended questions and since Humpty is now in millions of pieces we will never get those questions answered.

50. Read between the lines
There is always more to a story. I repeat there is always MORE to a story. When you read a news story you should know that it is coming from someones point of view and they could purposefully or accidentally leave information out. When somebody tells you a story you should know it is coming from their point of view and chances are they are purposefully leaving things out so that they themselves or whoever they are bias toward in the story looks better. When I tell you something realize it is coming from my point of view which could be totally wrong at times and hard to follow. Read between the lines! Do not take everything you read, hear, or see literally. Sucky people are the kind of people that will read something dumb and incredibly false online then go around repeating it thinking its right then get defensive when other people laugh in their face. I'm not saying sucky people do this on purpose I am just trying to stop everyone from being that sucky person. Now take every bit of information you receive and analyze it yourself then get multiple sources before you go around spreading information to the masses. It will save you from being the source of some bad information. Trust me you don't want to be the source, the source is always the one to go to jail.


Sooo I slightly conquered my bad studying habit and did some productive studying today. Ok I had a quiz today so I was forced to do it so this really isn't a breakthrough. But tomorrow is a new day and I plan to get a jump on the studying I need to do for the rest of the quarter so I don't fail. I really do not have a back up career path so this kinda has to work out. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment