Sunday, April 10, 2011

48. Don't go fishing unless your want to catch something

You know when people are itching to bring up a subject when they find a way to relate into normal conversation. An example would be you're all talking about whales and girl 3 says," Whales are cool, I actually really want to go to Sea World. There is a Sea World in Florida, actually next month I'm going to Florida to hang on the beach and party it up. Were going to go to the same club as the Jersey Shore Cast....." She will continue on talking about her trip which has nothing to do with the topic we were originally talking about. I don't mind this conversation because I get she is excited about her trip and wants to talk about it as much as she can because that is normal. Now I would have minded if she kept bringing up Florida begging us to ask her about it and then acted as if she didn't want to talk about it. Don't bring something up unless you want to talk about. If you throw out the statement,"I flew on a private jet last night". Don't act surprised when somebody asks you why.


48. Don't go fishing unless your want to catch something
I can not stand it when people drop less then subtle hints begging you to ask them about something then they get all weird and say they don't want to talk about it. Reason one this bothers me is because I generally do not get into people's business unless they have a giant welcome mat down that I can't walk around. Because to say I don't care is an understatement. I honestly do not care about your boyfriend drama or whatever else your dying to talk about unless it directly involves me, that's not being selfish it's realizing I barely have space in my head for my own stuff so trust me I'm not really that interested in yours. So don't be a sucky person and keep hinting at something begging somebody to ask you about it then freak out when they do.

Ugh this quarter is going to make or break me. My posts on here are going to be sporadic since it's no telling when I'll have internet access and the only other thing i've had time to do lately besides studying is sleep. I'm actually kind of delerious right now as I write this....this is going to be a long 10 weeks :(

2 comments:

  1. I hate when people fish for compliments too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fishing for compliments? I PLEAD GUILTY.I do it to irk people though, so I hope that doesn't make me lose too many Awesome points.

    I do get really annoyed when people bring up problems and refuse to explain.

    ReplyDelete